Virat Kohli Biography,Records of Virat Kohli,Stats,Age,Marriage :-
Virat Kohli also called as VK and “Chiku”.But Do Virat Kohli actually need an introduction?Virat Kohli is the most loved cricketer in the
world and well established batsmen and also the captain of Indian
cricket team,the hunger of scoring runs for a player like him never
ends.But do you know the Virat Kohli Biography,Records,Stats,Age,
- Virat Kohli (the chubby cricketer) was born in a Punjabi family on 5th November 1988 (31 years age) and was raised in Delhi,Uttam Nagar.
- In Virat’s family His father Late Shri Prem Kohli was a
Criminal Lawyer and mother Saroj Kohli is Housewife.
- Cricket was in his blood from the start,at the age of 3 he used
to pick the bat and swing it,asking his father to bowl to him.
- Kohli has 1 elder brother name called Vikas and an elder sister Bhavna.
- Kohli schooling was done in Bharti Public School.
- When Virat Kohli was 9 year old,he was taken to the West delhi academy for learning cricket on the suggestions of the neighbors
such was his talent.
- He used to get trained under the coach “Rajkumar Sharma“.
The Rise of a star :- Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli first got a chance to play for Delhi under-15 in Dec.2002-03 Polly Umrigar Trophy.In that series he scored 172 runs with the average of 34.40 and was also a leading run scorer.Later he became the captain in 2003–04 for Polly Umrigar Trophy,having scored 390 runs in just 5 innings at an average of 78 which included 2 centuries and 2 half centuries.
- Later in 2004 he got selected for under-17 team where he scored 470 runs with 117.50 average having 2 centuries on his name.
Demise of his Father :-
Virat Kohli by the time was already an established name,since he performed so consistently,he already earned a name for him.
- He made his first class debut for Delhi at the age of 18 in November 2006 but suddenly happened something that changed him forever?Do you know what is that?The demise of his father?Do you know how it happened?Back in 2006,his father used to invest in share market and at that time it used to be a big thing.During at that time one of the transaction went down and he lost all the amount he accumulated till now as Virat Kohli’s father couldn’t cop up with it,he got paralyses and he completely lost the vision from half of his side and after few week he got cardiac stroke which led to his death.
- Although having seen so much in such a short span of period,Kohli didn’t give up and he went to score 90 runs against Karnataka on the funeral day of his father and post match went to his father’s funeral.This act of him,proves how committed he was towards the game from the start and later his innings proved to be important one for Delhi and appraised by the coach “Chetan Sharma” aswell.
- This incident not just impacted Virat Kohli also made a crucial role what he is today,he became more serious for his,he doesn’t like to sit on bench,he acted more maturely and made sure he gives his all to he game he loved called “Cricket”.In the season of 2006-2007 he scored 257 runs in just 6 matches with the average of 36.71.
- It was in August 2008,when he got a maiden call up for Indian side for tour of Srilanka and later the CT (Champions Trophy) in Pakistan.He was just 19 year old when he got selected for Indian ODI squad although his first ODI inning wasn’t too well as he only scored 12 runs,but in the 4th match against Srilanka he made sure he proved his worth where he scored 54 runs.In the 4 matches he played he scored 37,25, and 31 and India went on to win the seris with 3-2.
- Even several ups and down Kohli held his high and made sure,he kept on performing consistently.In July-August 2009 which held in Australia VK was selected in the four-team emerging players where in he amassed 398 runs in 7 matches with average of 66.33 and came into eyes of selectors Krish Srikkanth who was impressed with his skills.
Virat Kohli International Roar :-
Virat Kohli is already a performer and he proved it in International level too.
- In 2009 CT he has replaced injured Yuvraj Singh and scored 79 while in India’s successful chase of 130 and rewarded as first Man of the Match.
- It was in 2009 only during 7 match home series against Australia,he scored 107 off 111 balls partnering with Gautam Gambhir of 224 run for the third wicket which helped India to seal the series with 3-1.
- Kohli has been someone who is always eager to score runs and perform for the country when it matters to the most and his records are the proof that.
Kohli’s IPL Stint :-
- Kohli was bought by RCB in 2008 in $30000 and since then he is associated with them,Its been 11 years since this “Delhi Da Munda” playing with them.Although the start of his career wasn’t so impressive as he only scored 165 runs only in 12 innings with an average of 15.0.
- He slightly got better in the next season which was 2009 scoring 246 runs with an average of 22.36 had strike rate of 112.
- In 2010 he came in the season with full preparations and became the third highest run getter for his team scoring 307 runs averaging 27.90.
- In 2011 season Kohli hit 557 runs with an average of 46.41 having strike rate of over 121,only behind his teammate Chris Gayle,with RCB finished off as an runner-up.
- Kohli appointed as the captain of the RCB in 2013 and that was the time when he got the real success with his bat as he amassed staggering 634 runs with an average of 45.28 which included 6 half centuries.
- RCB finished off runner up again in 2016 and Kohli shattered all the records as he single handedly took RCB to final,where he scored 973 runs with 16 half centuries having average of 81.08 and also became the first player to reach 4000 runs in IPL.
Batting Stats :-
- Test :- In Test he scored 7066 runs in 82 matches,139 innings with 27 Test centuries and 22 half centuries where he touched double centuries 7 times.
- ODI :- He has scored 11520 runs in 239 matches,230 innings with 43 ODI centuries and 54 half centuries
- T20I :- He has scored 2450 runs in 72 matches,67 innings with 22 half centuries
Likes and Dislikes :-
- Virat Kohli is someone who is friend of friends and like meeting
old friends till now.
- He is fan of Roger Fedrer and he loves to see him playing,apart
from that he is crazy for Sushi food and loves to drive.
- His favorite movie from Bollywood is “Border”, “Jo Jeeta
Wohi Sikandar” and “3 Idiots”.From Hollywood is “Rocky4″,”Ironman” and “Southpaw”.
- His favorite singers is Eminem and Asrar.The car which
he loves the most is Aston Martin and he loves playing in Adelaide,Oval Australia.
Love for Tattoos :-
Kohli and his tattoo love his also incredible,and his tatoo count
is getting increasing day by day.Currently he has 4 tattoos.
- On his left shoulder he has a sign of God’s eye which signifies
power and means understanding which is unknown.
- On his right shoulder he has a tattoo of “Japanese Samurai
Warrior” means to be respectful,disiciple and ethical behavior
- The third one is “Monastery” represents peace and power on
his left arm.
- Fourth one is also on his left arm “Lord Shiva” and the fifth
one is a “Scorpion” which is high zodiac sign.
- Kohli is also a huge fan of Roger Federer and is the co-owner
of the “UAE ROYALS” which is an International Premier
tennis league team.
- What he dislikes most,is too many guests at home and sitting idle
for a long time.
Achievements (The mains) :-
Although counting his achievement wouldn’t be enough as the
cricketer has achieved at par and his hunger to achieve more is “Unstoppable” still we have included some which can be considered
as the main ones.
- First Indian to have scored century in World Cup (2011).
- He became the third Indian to score 2 double century by the
age of 22 (which includes the legend “Sachin Tendulkar”
and “Suresh Raina”.
- He was the fastest batsmen to score 1000,3000,4000 and
5000 runs in ODI cricket.
- First one to have scored fastest century against Australia (2013)
in Jaipur in 52 balls.
- He scored fastest 25 ODI tons.
- Fastest to reach 7500 runs in ODI.
- One of the 3 players to score 3 double hundres in a calendar
year after Bradman and Ponting.
- He became the first Indian skipper to register 9 test wins
in an year.
- First Indian skipper to register 5 successive Test Series win.
- Only Indian Captain to win a T20 series against NewZealand in NewZealand.
- He has scored fastest 10,000 runs in just 205 innings.
- He is fastest player to 19,000 runs in International cricket.
- Shares the record of 4 double hundreds with Don Bradman,
Graeme Smith and Michael Clarke.
- He was the first Indian to score over 1000 runs in a calendar
year after Rahul Dravid.
This are just some records and some of many,this records proves he just truely is an exception and we are lucky to have lived in an era of him.
Personal Life and Marriage with Anushka Sharma :-
If we talk about his personal life,his personal life has just been equally interesting.He has been named with many top heroins like :-
- Sarah-Jane Dias (Actress)
- Sanjana (Actress)
- Tamannah Bhatia (Actress)
- Izabelle Leite (Actress)
before he finally got married with Anushka Sharma (Actress) in 11th December 2017 in Borgo Finocchieto,Italy 1 hour away from Tuscan.
Net Worth and The Cars :-
- VK is just crazy about driving the cars and these are not just
cars,these are luxurious cars which includes,Audi Q7,Audi
S6, Audi R8 V10, Audi R8 LMX,Audi A8L W12 Quattro,
- His networth is approx 400 crore and he was the only Indian
athelete who was ranked in 100th position in the table by
forbes among world highest paids athletes.
Virat Kohli :- “The Fitness Freak”
Everyone know how big fitness freak he is,and how he trains himself
like a beast to make girls go weak on their knees and to maintain that physique.While in an interview with Graham Bensinger he has
mentioned that “It took me one moment that changed me forever
and I said to myself you can not look like this and continue
playing like this” and that is the moment that changed him forever
and since then he never had cheat meal and always keep a check
what he has or what he doesn’t,which certainly has helped in field
and increased his stamina.
He always believes in setting up benchmark and he also said once
“If I as a Captain doesn’t set the benchmark.then who else
will?” this proves how dedicated he is as a captain and about
It has not been so long,since Virat turned into vegan and also
swapped away dairy products,he believes turning vegan has
benefited him a lot.
Some interesting facts about Virat Kohli,height,weight and about his restaurant :-
- Since Virat has grown up in Delhi and is also a Punjabi,he is a big foodie.
- His father used to be his food partner and his brother too.
- He loves having Rajma Chawal.
- He has recently opened a new restaurant in Delhi with the name of One8 Commune.
- Virat Kohli’s height is 5′ 9″ feet .His eye color is Dark Brown.
- He currently weighs around 70 kgs.
- Apart from his nick name Chikoo,he is also called as “Run Machine”
- The Water which Virat Kohli drinks is imported from France and It costs around 600 Rs per litre.
Social Handles :- Virat Kohli