Shreya Ghoshal is an Indian Bollywood Playback Singer,Been
in Bollywood Industry since 19 years but still the magic in her voice
hasn’t fade away a bit,she has sung the song in many languages and no
doubt why she is the best,Let us know Shreya Ghoshal Biography,Age,Height,Marriage,Songs & More :-
Quick Stats :-
Age :- 35 years
Born in :- 12th Mar. 1984
Height :- 5’3″ feet
Weight :- 54 Kgs
Profession :- Playback Singer
Eye Color :- Black
Hair Color :- Black
Nationality :- Indian
Birthplace :- Murshidabad,West Bengal
Currently Living :- Mumbai,India
Personal Information :-
Name :- Shreya Ghoshal
Nickname :- Piu
Father Name :- Bishwajit Ghoshal
Mother Name :- Sarmistha Ghoshal
Sibling :- Soumyadeep Ghoshal
Religion :- Hinduism
School :- Atomic Energy Central School Rawatbhata, India
College :- SIES College of Arts, Science and Commerce in Mumbai
Networth :- 150 crore
Relationship Status :- Married
Hobbies :- Loves Traveling and Reading Books
Actors :- Guru Dutt
Actress :- Madhuri Dixit and Waheeda Rehman
Singer :- Asha Bhosle,Lata Mangeshkar,Mukesh,Kishore Da and
Food :- Rasmalai,Chelab
Some Interesting Facts about Shreya Ghoshal :-
- Hails from Bengali Family where Bengali music is not connected
to films that much.
- Although Shreya was born in Murshidabad but her initial career
spent in Rajasthan RawatBhata because of father transfer.
- At the age of 6 she started her training in classical singing and Rajasthani Folk song by her Guru in school Jaivardhan Bhatnagar.
- Her mother used to play harmonium,Shreya considers her mother
- It was her dad’s intense love for art and music which also inspired Shreya to learn music.
- Got Trained by Late Kalyanji Bhai and Late Mukta Bhide for 18 months in Mumbai.
- Started singing when she was just 16 years old in SA RE GA MA PA
on Zee Tv which she had won.
- It was Kalyanji Anand senior composer who suggested Shreya’s
father to make her career into Bollywood industry.
- She left Rajasthan for Mumbai when she was in 9th Stardard in
- The first song she sang was in Bengali Language i.e. Bendhechhi Beena which released on 1st Jan.1998.
- After that she sang more Bengali songs i.e. Ekti Katha (1999),
Mukhor Porag (2000) Rupasi Raate (2002) and
Banomali Re (2002).
- She is a avid pet lover and owns a dog.
Singing 1500+ Songs in different Languages,National Award Winner and Judge of Reality Show :-
- Sang almost more than 1500+ songs.
- Got her first breakthrough into Bollywood when Sanjay Leela Bhansali first saw her singing in SA RE GA MA PA and he instantly decided that he needed this voice for his movie Devdas.
- By the age of 16 she sang in Devdas and recorded her first
Bollywood song i.e. Bairi Piya in 2002 and won National award
for the same song.
- She did her first foreign concert just after the release of Devdas.
- As She is a Huge fan of Lata Ji,she used to sing imagining how
Lata Ji would sing the song or how she would imitate.
- Shreya’s parents feels that she has a gift when it comes to understanding tunes,notes and Melodies.
- Featured in Forbes top 100 Indian Celebrities for 5 times.
- She has sung many songs with Arijit Singh and It is loved by
people also both have admiration and respect for their work.
- First singer to have her own statue in Madame Tussauds.
- Has maintained a record of each and every song she has sung till now,like the song name,which date and with whom she recorded
- She can only speak Bengali,English and Hindi Fluently though she
has sung different languages songs i.e.Tamil,Malyalam,Teleugu,Kannada,Bengali,Gujarati and
- Enjoys singing in front of USA and Canada people and feels have
a good taste in music.
- United States state of Ohio Governer Ted Strickland (USA
Politician) declared Shreya Ghoshal Day on 26th June 2010.
- Part of Many reality shows as a Judge like Indian Idol Junior,X-Facor,Star Voice of India-Chhote Ustad and Music Ka Maha
- Received RD Burman Award for New Music Talent.
- Not many of singers get the opportunity to sing prestigious
places like Royal Albert Hall and Sydney Opera House but
Shreya has been lucky to have one.
Personal Relationship :-
She married to her childhood friend Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya on 5th Feb.2015.