Rahul Dravid is known as one of the nicest gentleman of cricket
and is the most loved Indian player after Sachin Tendulkar,Even
being criticized at many times,without uttering anything wrong,
he let his game do the talking,Today on his Birthday Let us know
Rahul Dravid Biography,Age,Height,Family,Twitter,Retirement :-
Quick Stats :-
Age :- 47years old
Born in :- 11th Jan August 1973
Height :- 5’11” feet
Weight :- 76Kgs
Profession :- Cricketer
Eye Color :- Black
Hair Color :- Black
Nationality :- Indian
HomeTown :- Bangalore,Karnataka,India
Personal Information :-
Father Name :- Sharad Dravid
Mother Name :- Pushpa Dravid
Siblings :- Vijay Dravid
Religion : Hindu
Schooling :- St.Joseph’s Boys High School Bangalore,Karnataka,India
College :- St.Joseph’s College of Commerce,Bangalore University,Bangalore,Karnataka
St.Joseph’s College of Business Administration,Bangalore,Karnataka,India
Hobbies :- Reading and Listening to Music
Food :- Chiken Tikka Masala and Dal Rice
Footall Player :- Lionel Messi
Tennis Player :- Roger Federer
Cricket Player :- Sachin Tendulkar
Book :- Jonathan Livingston Seagull and The Quest for Excellence
Color :- Blue
Actor Tom Cruise and Aamir Khan
Film :- Ghost,Braveheart,Sholay and Anand
Cricket Journey :-
ODI Debut :- 3rd April 1996 vs Srilanka at Singapore
Test Debut :- 20th June 1996 vs England at Lords
T20 Debut :- 31st August 2011 vs England at Manchester
Coach :- G R Vishwanath,Keki Tarapore
International Retirement :-
Test 24th Jan.2012 played last game against Australia
ODI 16th Sept.2011 played last game against England
T20 31st Aug.2011 played last game against England
Captain Officially :- India in ODI 2005-2007
Test in 2005-2007 and IPL in 2008 Royal Challenger Bangalore
2011-2013 Rajasthan Royals
- Only player to have a partnership of 300+ runs twice one with Sachin Tendulkar of 331 runs and one with,which is a World Record.
- Only player to have scored 10000 runs in ODI and Test after Sachin Tendulkar.
- Most number of catches as non-wicket keeper i.e. 210.
- Holds a unique record of hitting century against each Test playing nation.
- Holds the record of most number of runs scored under his captaincy.
- Received Bradmon Oration in Aug.2011 and is the only non-Australian player to have received it.
Some Interesting Facts about Rahul Dravid :-
- Despite of good player he was,it yet took him 5 years to doors to open for his career to start Internationally i.e. in 1996.
- In 2005 he was called as “Sexiest Sportsman of India” beaten Yuvraj Singh and said funnily as the “Greateast achievement ever” 😉
- Rahul feels being a good guy has its own disadvantages because you come under the radar soon as soon as you do something bad.
- Back then,Rahul used to practice over a Matt in Bangalore while growing up as at that time.
- Being a Test Batsmen,he could hit the bowlers out of the park,and changed his game according to format He has 22 balls 50 on his name.
- Only batsmen to play a single T20 match and retired after it with a strike rate of 145.
- He feels he tends to sweat alot as compared to others.
- One of the strange habit his wife Vijeta has noticed,that Rahul doesn’t like to do anything that disturbs him before a Test match.
- Dravid couldn’t get better start of his career,as debuted for India at The Mecca of Cricket: Lords as most people dreams about it.
The Joy of having first Test Wicket and ODI wickets :-
- Sunil Gavaskar and Rahul Dravid the 2 gentleman of the game has 1 Test wicket each which was taken in Antigua against West Indies Ridley Jacobs.
- You will also be surprised to know that “The Wall” has four ODI wickets on his name which includes players like Saeed Anwar,Lance Klusner,Gary Kirsten and Mark Boucher.
- Not many people know he has played for Scotland aswell and also for Kent in 2011 for 6 months.
- Honesty and respecting women has filled in Rahul’s blood and below video is the proof of MTV Bakra :-
- Apart from The Wall,Dravid used to be called by Javagal Srinath as Juice Jam,later shortened the name as Jam.
- The name which he is most famous for “The Wall” has kept by some Journalist and he revealed that in an interview of Breakfast with Champions Season 6.
- However more than Wall,he likes to be called as Rahul.
In Admiration of players like Gavaskar,Vishwanath and Kapil Dev :-
While growing up,her hero was Sunil Gavaskar,G R Vishwanath and Kapil Dev as he states the reason of that below :-
1)Sunil Gavaskar :- Because his father was huge Sunil Gavaskar fan
2)G R Vishwanath :- Because he was local hero of Karnataka,and how great he was as a Kid.
3)Kapil Dev :- As iconoic as image is of M.S.Dhoni hitting the six,back in those era Kapil’s lifting 1983 World cup was and still is the most iconic image for Rahul Dravid and most of the generation growing up at that time.
- There is new cricket he used to play when he was in his childhood,i.e. called Short cricket which he described funnily is something when you don’t have space.
- He feels VVS Laxman is one of the nicest person in the team.
- Only batsmen in the world to have played 31,258 balls in 286 innings which is more than ever a player.
- As much as he loves playing cricket,he also loved other sports like Tennis and Football.
- You can certainly feel the passion for the game when you come to know Rahul despite of having viral fever has played The most iconic match of his life in which he had partnership with VVS Laxman of 281 runs against Australia,even Laxman had back pain.
- With being gentleman of the game,he is honest too and accepts that India side was the best of its era and managed to beat Australia however Austraila beats more India as compared to India won.
- Quiet of times,we have seen Dravid promoting Young lads and praising team India and has good words for Indian Captain Virat Kohli.
- Everyone is superstitious about something and Rahul was no exception and used to do thing superstitious thing until one day Syed Kirmani asked what if you can’t do those things and asked further do you really believe in yourself or bevel in that? which actually got him thinking.
- Has coached U-19 Indian Cricket Team and currently is head of NCA.
- Remembering 1983 one of Test match,he says,that his father managed to get a Pavillion seat which is close to Indian players and at that time that used to be a big thing.
- He feels as a Coach,its harder to spend time with his kids but he loves doing his work and focusing on nurturing new talent.
- In 2004 match against Zimbabwe,he was fined half of his match fees for ball tempering.
- During Multan Test in 2004 against Pakistan,he declared the
innings when Sachin Tendulkar on 194 with 16 overs remaining.
Personal Relationship :-
- Rahul Dravid married to Vijeta Pendharkar on 4th May 2003 who is a surgeon.
- Both have 2 boys,named Samit Dravid (Born in 2003) and Anvay Dravid (Born in 2009).
Social Handles :-
Twitter :- N/A
Instagram :- N/A
Facebook :- https://www.facebook.com/rahuldravid