Mithali Raj has been former Indian Women Cricket Team captain and is
a Indian Right Handed Batsmen,served India for 20 years as a player,
Mithali has several records on her name,Know Mithali Raj Biography,Age,Husband,Height,Weight & More :-
Quick Stats :-
Age :- 37 years
Born in :- 3rd Dec.1982
Height :- 5’4″ feet
Weight :- 75 Kgs
Profession :- Cricketer
Eye Color :- Black
Hair Color :- Black
Nationality :- Indian
Birthplace :- Rajasthan Jodhpur
HomeTown :- Secunderabad,India
Personal Information :-
Name :- Mithali Raj
Father Name :- Dorai Raj
Mother Name :- Leela Raj
Siblings :- Mithun Raj
Relationship Status :- Single/Unmarried
Religion : Hindu
Schooling :- N/A
College :- Didn’t attend
Jersey Number :- 3
Coached by :- Jyoti Prasad and Late Mr.Sampat Kumar
Hobbies :- Dancing,Playing Guitar and Reading Books
Cricketer :- Sachin Tendulkar,Michael Clarke and Ricky Ponting
Food :- Idli,Roti and Curd-Rice
Actors :- Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan
Actress :- Priyanka Chopra
- Has played most number of matches at No.2 as a Captain i.e.105
- Most Number of Innings i.e. 74 without a Duck at No.2
- Highest Career Batting Average i.e. 51.58 batting at No.5
- Scored 49 Fifties while playing as an Opener.
- Most Number of times scored 90 i.e. 5 times while as an Opener.
- Only player to have scored 7 consecutive fifties.
- Scored 114 Not Out in her ODI Debut
- Youngest Women Player to have scored hunder in ODI at 16 years,
- First to score 6000 runs in Women’s Cricket.
- Hold the Number 1 position in ICC ranking for 3 years i.e. 2010,2011 and 2012.
- First Women to have won “Wisden Indian Crickter of the Year” in 2015.
- Named in ICC Women’s Team of the Year 2016.
- ODI :- Against Ireland on 26th June 1999 during domestic series.
- Test :- Against England on 14th Jan.2002.
- T20I :- Against England on 5th August 2006.
Some Interesting Facts about Mithali Raj :-
- Before the ICC Cricket World Cup her Facebook account hacked.
- In World Cup 2019,Women Cricket team played the match empty stomach,as the match with NZ had already delayed due to rain and they had to start the match as early as possible.
- She feels “As a leader you have to curb your emotions” to motivate the other team members.
- Mithali being part of Indian Women Team for 20 years have had
into situations where the team had to sponsor themselves on their
own and would run for cricket kits but things have changed now,
- She doesn’t like playing T20 matches,and says If there was a Tes
only 10 Test Matches in 20 years for India.
- Considers herself lazy and hates getting early in the morning.Although she used to get up at 4 am in morning.
- Most of the time people ask for her retirement but currently she has no plans but she believes after retirement she could go in Mentoring.
- Has been on the cover page of Vogue India along with Shahrukh Khan and Nita Ambani.
- Mithali Raj has an Autography written with name “Unguarded” reveals secret of her.
- She never thought she would come so far,there was a time,after 2009 World Cup in Australia due to injury she thought of retirement but she pushed herself to go more further every time.
- Indian team won for the first time in England under her captaincy in 2006 and same year under her captaincy Indian also won Asia Cup.
- Took Women Indian team to World Cup Finals in 2005 and 2017.
- Mithali’s parents has always been supportive to her,even her mother resigned just to take care of her food.
- She feels Virat Kohli is someone everyone can look upto and admire his consistency.
Fulfilling Father’s Dream,An Avid Reader and A Dancer :-
- Comes from a South Indian family where noone would accept
a Girl playing Cricket.Mithali’s goal was never to be a cricketer,
It was her Dad’s Decision and her mother wanted her to be a
- She left dancing at the age of 8 because of her father’s dream,she
was a BharatNatyam Dancer and learned it for 8 years.
- Started playing cricketing as Time Pass and later made it a Profession,It was Jyoti Prasad the coach who recognized the
talent of Mithali and asked his father to work on her skills as she might do well in cricket and also suggested him the National
Institute of Sports.
- She was once seen sitting in dug out reading a book “The Essential Rumi by Coleman Barks” and the picture of her got viral and the reason she stats for that is she did that to avoid pressure of the match so that she could calm herself by reading books.
Biopic on Mithali?
We will soon get to see the Biopic of Mithali Raj and she wanted Priyanka Chopra to play her role however Taapsee Pannu has been chosen for the role which will release on 5th Feb.2021.The rights of Biopic has already been acquired by Viacom Motion.