A positive personality with calmness in his nature and someone who always does movies on social issues,Yes we are talking about Ayushmann Khurrana who started his journey as a VJ but later became a Radio Jockey,a TV host,a singer and an actor.Let us go through the Journey of Ayushmann Khurrana from Roadies to Movies,to becoming a father and relationship
with Tahira Kashyap :-
Born and Study :-
- Ayushmann Khurrana was born in Chandigarh Panchkula on 14 September 1984 (35 years).
- His Real name is Nishant,family calls him Nishu but later name changed to “Ayushmann Khurrana”.
- His father name is P.Khurrana and mother name is Poornima Khurrana but real name is Lalita.
- Ayushmann’s mother is Half-Burmese,he also has a younger brother Aparshakti Khurrana.
- He has changed many schools till 7th grade he was in co-ed school.
- From St.Steven to Holi Child School to St.Kabir High School.
- Studied in St.johns in Chandigarh in 8th grade.
- Majored in English Literature Graduation and also has a master’s degree of Punjab University.
Career and Struggling days :-
Ayushmann since childhood wanted to become an actor,his grandmother used to mimic actors which fascinates him,he has struggled alot in his career.
In his College days,he thought of becoming an actor during his college days as he used to get fascinate seeing theater artist when he asked his father of doing theater,his father was unsure about his
career choices as a result put 2 condition :-
1)That the attendance should be full.
2)He needs to top in college.
No Doubt,he was so serious about his acting career that he consistently top in all 3 years therefore completing the both conditions of his father.
The Journey of Ayushmann Khurrana from Roadies to Movies has been interesting,He came in Mumbai as his father asked him,to become an actor in 2006,his father believed that It was the right time for him to go.
He used to live with 3 boys in KM hospital hostel Lower parel when he came to Mumbai.
After winning roadies in 2004 he became radio jockey when he shared his portfolio to someone
and then the person asked him to join Radio.
Wassup was the first TV show of Ayushmann from MTV as a Vj and the role was given by Raghu,
and he considers Raghu Ram as his Guardian in this industry.
Appeared in other TV shows aswell Ek Thi Rajkumari and later India Got Talent.
Co-Hosted Just Dance with Hrithik Roshan and his work started getting recognition.
And finally the day came,when he was offered his first movie “Vicky Donor” in which he debuted
opposite Yami Gautam and also sang his first song after that he never looked back.
Relationship with Tahira Kashyap :-
Today everyone sees Ayushmann and Tahira as a complete couple and adore their relationship but their relationship also had ups and down like every relationship.
- Tahira and Ayushmann married to each other Nov.2008 and is blessed with one daughter and one boy.
- Boy name Virajveer and girl name is Varushka and they and 7 and 5 year old respectively.
- Tahira is 1 year elder than Ayushmann,they were 24-25 when they got married.
- Many people didn’t know he became father when he was 27 and many of his friends were single at that time.
- He consider being a parent a blessing and felt it opened up new horizons for him.
In 2002 Ayushmann did a show “POPSTAR” a reality show and was the only guy who won the competition from Chandigrah,being a star he used to get attention from girls apart from his girlfriend and during that time he broke
up with Tahira but soon he realized his mistake.
He also mentioned Tahira had own insecurities of being an actors wife after Vicky Donor he used to get attention from lots of girls,which Tahira couldn’t handle and moved to Chandigarh but soon they realized they both were meant to be each other.
Talking to Neelesh Mishra he mentioned he has become gentleman because of her and she is the one who taught her how to behave with girls.
After so many Ups and Down,they both are going strong and its been 11 years they are together and happy.
Some Lesser Known/Interesting Facts about Ayushmann Khurrana :-
- He used to travel by train in Mumbai to do theater in IIT Powai festival or Bits Pilani college fest.
- Met Tahira when he was in 12th class during his physics Tuition classes.
- Used to have braces all around his teeth.
- He wanted become a dentist before he became an actor.
- Fan of Neelesh Mishra (Radio Artist) and used to listen “Yaadon Ka Idiot Box“.
- His father is an astrologer and he asked him to change his name Ayushman Khurana to Ayushmann Khurrana.
- There is a punishment room opposite of living room where Ayushmann and Aparshakti used to get beaten by
their parents whenever they commit mistakes.
- Considers himself a nostalgic person and loves his past.
- Likes to keep a positive attitude towards life in every situation.
- He believes fame is a Bio product of success Fame is easier than becoming Successful.
- Had a girlfriend before Tahira who used to make fun of him because he can not speak English.
- Believes “You can not underestimate anyone” Everyone has potential to do anything”.
Movies Ayushmann has appeared in :-
- Vicky Donor
- Nautanki Sala
- Dum Laga Ke Haisha
- Meri Pyaari Bindu
- Bareilly Ki Barfi
- Shubh Mangal Saavdhan
- Badhaai Ho
- Article 15
- Dream Girl
Awards and Recognitions :-
- For his first movie “Vicky Donor” received Filmfare for Best Male Debut in 2012.
- In 2013 he had received International Indian Film Academy Award for “Vicky Donor”.
- One of the most exciting thriller film of the year Andhadhun received National Award in 2019.
- Recently Ayushmann Khurrana bags the award for Best Actor Of The Decade award in Nickelodeon
Kids Choice Awards in 2019 and he shared a picture with award on his Instagram.
Likes,Hobbies and Favorite Things :-
- Rajma Chawal,Chicken Curry is favorite food items.
- He is big fan of Amitabh Bachchan and likes his movies Agneepath,Deewar and Hum.
- Favorite International Band is Coldplay.
- Indian directors are his favorite,Dibakar Banerjee,Shoojit Sircar and Imtiaz Ali.
- He loves watching Cricket.
- His favorite colors are White and Blue and favorite destination is New York.
Upcoming Project/Movies :-
The next movie he is going to do is Shubh Mangal Jyada Savdhaan with Jitendra Kumar Aka Jeetu Bhaiya.
This was all from Journey of Ayushmann Khurrana from Roadies to Movies,If you want to know more about Ayushmann head towards Starsunfolded.