Jasprit Bumrah Biography- Age|Born|Education|
Jasprit Bumrah who is also the backbone of Indian team pace battery is Indian cricket team fast bowler who has gained lot of popularity with his unorthodox bowling action and made his name between youngsters in just a short span,from becoming first Asian Bowler taking 5 wickets haul in countries like England,South Africa,Australia to No.1 T20I bowler,but do you know the biography of Jasprit Bumrah,his struggles,career and about his girlfriend,Lets find out here :-
- Jasprit Bumrah’s complete name is Jasprit Jasbirsingh Bumrah who was born in Gujarat 6th Dec.1993 (25 years),Ahmedabad is an Indian team left arm Fast bowler.
- His father name is Later Shri Jasbir Singh who died because of hepatitis and mother name is Daljit Kaur who is a Prinicipal.
- Bumrah has a sister and her name is Juhika Bumrah and she is a teacher.
- Jasprit Bumrah was only 7 year old when he lost his father.
- His schooling was done at Nirma High School in Ahmedabad.
- He was mentored by coach Kishore Trivedi in his early days of cricket.
- Since his childhood he used to love playing cricket alot and his love for cricket also got him a place in International Cricket.
Today Jasprit Bumrah is known for Death Over Specialist and a lethargic bowler who could defend runs and bowls perfect yorkers at the same but Do you know how he learnt to bowl such a fine yorkers?During his childhood his mom used to hate when he played cricket, so in childhood you used to bowl on floor cutting in order to sharpen his yorkers.But as much as her mom hates playing his cricket ,she also supported him throughout his journey.
Start of his Domestic Career and IPL Journey :- Jasprit Bumrah
- He started his domestic career playing for Gujarat and he made his debut against Vidarbha in October 2013 during 2013-14 season and he took 7 wickets in that tournament.
- Due to his unorthodox bowling actions,he managed to deceive many batsmen.
- Became part of team for Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy where he debuted against Maharashtra in Pune and helped his team to clinch the title with his figures of 14/3.
- It was sheer luck,At that time only Mumbai Indians were looking for some good bowlers for the team and luckily John Wright had first noticed Jasprit Bumrah which got him a place in Mumbai Indians squads and he got the chance to learn the techniques of bowling under the guidance of Sachin Tendulkar and Lasith Malinga.
The kind of talent Bumrah has,it didn’t take him too long to show his worth as he took 3 wickets in his debut match against RCB and the important wicket he took was of Virat Kohli in 2013 season which also helped him in getting a place in International Cricket.Although in the season he didn’t perform too well and had a tough time against quality batsmen and that was the time when Lasith Malinga came in the picture and taught him to bowl with variations with techniques and also helped him to bowl yorkers in a right way.
Start of International Career :- Jasprit Bumrah
In 2016 when India toured Australia,India were already struggling to register a win against Australia after having lost the series and that was the time Indian team decided to give an opportunity to Jasprit Bumrah,India won that match by 6 wickets and Bumrah took 2 wickets in that match.Just after in 3 days,Bumrah became part of T20 squad where he took 3 wickets.
As much as he is remembered for his memorable no ball against Pakistan’s Fakhan Zamann in final match,he is also known for his classic performances in death overs against various teams.In one of the T20 match against England in 2017 when 8 runs needed in final overs,he managed to pull a victory for India conceding 2 runs in the final overs and was also rewarded player of the match for his figures 20/2 with India winning with 6 runs.This was also the time when he became the ICC T20 No.1 bowler.
Debut in Test Cricket and his Best Bowling Figures :-
Due to his remarkable performances in various formats,It didn’t take the Board to reconsider his decision on the selection of him for test cricket and he soon became the part of Test Cricket Team when India toured South Africa in 2017.He got the maiden Test opportunity on 5th January 2018 at Newlands in Cape Town and guess what he he got him as his maiden Test Wicket?“The Perfectionist”,”Mr.360 degree” ABD (AB Devilliers) knocking his stumps off when he was looking dangerous on 65 runs.His 5 wickets haul came in third Test Match when he took 54/5 against South Africa in just 18.5 overs.
Performing in pitches like England,South Africa and Australia :-
India soon toured England in 2018 under the captaincy of Virat Kohli,Indian batsmen was struggling against the British pace attacks with the likes of James Anderson,Stuard Broad and Sam Curran who just started his career against India.But the bowling performance was outstanding from Indian side and specially Jasprit Bumrah who took his 2nd 5 wickets haul in Tess with the figures of 85/5 in 29 overs aganst England in 3rd Test Match and due to his remarkable performance India was able to beat England in that match by 203 runs.
Beating Australia in Australia has never been an easy task but the kind of bowling attack and batsmen India have,they were able to beat them Australia and clinching the series on their name and talking about the one bowler who impressed throughout the tournament was “Jasprit Bumrah” who registered his 3rd time 5 wickets haul in Tests against Australian team and had a wonderful time throughout the series as he ended the series with the total of 21 wickets and overall 48 wickets in a calendar year.
Soon after Australia series,when World cup was on cards,Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah was a part of India’s World Cup team which was played in England where he recently completed his 50th match on 5th June 2019 and on 6th July 2019 while playing against Sri Lanka he took his 100th wicket and became the second fastest to have completed this feat after Mohammed Shami.During the world cup he took 18 wickets in just 9 matches and became the highest wicket taker for India.
Its not been so long when India toured West Indies in the month of August where Jasprit Bumrah continued his tremendous form as he registered his 4th 5 wickets hauls with his best figures in Tests 7/5 in 2nd innings completely destroying West Indies batting line up and becoming the third test bowler for India to have taken a Hat-Trick in test match at Sir Vivian Richard Stadium.
Likes and Hobbies :-
- Loves listening to music.
- His favorite actor is Amitabh Bachchan.
- Favorite Batsmen is Sachin Tendulkar, AB De Villiers ,Virendra Sehwag and as a bowled he idolize Lasith Malinga and Zaheer Khan.
- His favorite food is Dhokla.
In Tests :- In 12 matches he has played,he took 62 wickets with bowling figures of 6/27 having economy of just 2.64.
In ODI :- In 58 matches he has played,he took 103 wickets with bowling figures of 5/27 having economy of just 4.49.
In T20I :- In 42 matches he has played,he took 51 wickets with bowling figures of 3/11 having economy of 6.72.
In IPL :- In 77 matches he has played,he took 82 wickets with bowling figures of 3/7 having economy of 7.56.
Personal Life :-
Although he is not married yet but it is rumored that his Girlfriend is Raashi Khanna.
- There is no surprise Bumrah’s delivery go like a rocket on to the stumps with a speed of 142 km/h but do you know that had surpassed his speed during one of the match against Australia in Australia,outpacing bowlers like Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins.
- With his finest performances in 2018 year,he was named by ICC in World Test XI and ODI XI and also got his name registered for EspnCrickInfo ODI XI of 2018.
- With taking 5 wickets Tests haul wickets in countries like South Africa,Engalnd and Australia he became the first Asian player to do so in a calendar year.
- In August 2016 he became the first bowler to have claimed most number of wickets i.e. 28 in T20 in one calendar year,surpassing Dirk Nannes with 11 wickets.
- He was also named “One of the Five Exciting Talents” who made their World Cup Debut.