Deepika Padukone is Danish Born Indian Bollywood actor and someone who is idolized by many people because of her nature,elegance and simplicity.She is someone who does movies or her actions are to empower people, It has always been her intention,who never does movies because of its budget,has managed to impact people with her lives and with her movies.Let us go through the Biography/Wiki of Deepika Padukone,Age,Latest News,Depression,Closet Website :-
Born,Age of Deepika Padukone and Education :-
- Deepika Padukone was born on 5th Jan 1986 (33 years) in Copenhagen Denmark.
- She is Hindu by Nationality and comes from a Brahmin (Caste) Family.
- Her Father name is Prakash Padukone a legendary badminton player and mother name is Ujjala Padukone who is a travel agent.
- Deepika also has a sister Anisha Padukone and she is a Golfer.
- When Deepika just 1 year old her family had shifted to Bangalore.
- She did her schooling from Sophia High School in Bangalore and pre university studied from Mount Carmel Convent School.
- Deepika did fill the form for B.A. from IGNOU University but didn’t go for it as she was doing well in modelling.
Deepika Padukone started her career in modelling and worked in various modelling projects.It was her talent only that within short span she had received model of the year in 2005 at the age of 21 she came to Mumbai to make her career in Bollywood the first album she appeared in was of Himesh Reshammiya in the song “Naam Hai Tera”.
Later joined Anupam Kher acting academy to work on her acting skills.In 2007 she did her
first Hindi Bollywood film “Om shanti Om” for this movie she also received
Best Female Debut award.
Road to Success (Biography/Wiki of Deepika Padukone,Age,Latest News,Height,Closet Website)
Although Getting a dream start for her career with a Superstar Like Shahrukh Khan,She yet had difficulty to reach to the position where she is now,Her movies like Lafangey Parinde,Karthik Calling Karthik,Chandni Chowk To China, Finding Fanny and Break Ke Baad didn’t do well at box office,even She did Item numbers on movies,one of movies of Abhishek Bachchan’s Dum Maaro Dum where she did an item song Dum Maaro Dum a legendary song of Zeenat Aman which ruined perfectly and also brought criticism for Deepika Padukone.
Not only this she also starred in multi-starrer movies Desi Boys happy new year and houseful which was not getting her much recognition with her acting but In 2013 came chennai express and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewai and the former one was again with her favorite star Shahrukh Khan which changed everything for her,Her acting was praised in Chennai express and the comic timing with South Indian accent is ice on a cake.She had also received best actress Award 2014 IIFA for Chennai Express,after that time she never looked back.
Then came Tamasha in 2015 which was critically acclaimed and in the same year only she did Ramleela
with her husband (Although they were not married till that time) Ranveer Singh a grand movie of Sanjay
Leela Bhansali’s dream project in which she won many hearts.
Some Lesser Known/Interesting Facts About Deepika Padukone :-
- As talented as Deepika Padukone is,her sister is no less as she is a golfer and represented
India at international level many times.
- Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Dhoom 3 was first offered to Deepika but she couldn’t be part of some reasons.
- Some people may also not know that she was going to launch by Sanjay Leela Bhansali Saawariya
opposite Ranbir Kapoor but that didn’t happen and later Sonam Kapoor bagged this role.
- Deepika and Anushka know each other a very long time as both used to do modelling in Bangalore.
- Deepika regrets of not completing her graduation as she didn’t get time after getting into
modelling and films.
- Many people might not know but Deepika’s voice was dubbed in Om Shanti Om as she had
a South Indian accent.
- Her first Hollywood movie ‘XXX: Return of Xander Cage’ earned 346 million dollars worldwide.
- As much as she likes daily chores things of home,she also likes doing parties.
- She is the brand ambassador of Tanishq Jewellery.
- Owns a Statue in Madame Tussauds wearing Sabyasachi Lehnga that she wore for IIFA 2016.
- Deepika’s first debut movie was not Om Shanti Om,it was Aishwarya a Kannada movie.
- The responsibility of her own marriage was on her as she managed everything throughout.
- Ranveer and Deepika first met at a restaurant,and Ranveer was embarrassed to meet her as he had pimples due to food allergy
- Bharat and Doris were Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika’s makeup artist once and they suggested them to date.
- Deepika has a habit of first noticing the shoes of the person she meets.
- She is the first actor to have talked about her depression.
- Deepika Padukone also owns a website named https://deepikapadukone.com/closet/ where
clothing and accessories are available.
More Facts about Deepika continues :-
- Deepika Padukone also has a designer brand named All About You which also has clothing and accessories.
- She feels she is a shy person and describes herself as shy and awkward person.
- Deepika Padukone has been the initial face of South Indian actress and her first movie was Aishwarya in 2006.
- In her Early days she has also worked as freelance writer in HT City in 2009.
- First actress to have delivered consecutive four hit films.
- A NGO Indian Psychiatric Society roped her in as a brand ambassador.
- She has endorsed various products like L’Oreal Paris,Tissot,Nescafe,Sony Cyber-shot,Myntra
- She has also learned dancing from Shiamak Davar’s dance academy.
- She doesn’t eat non-veg.
- One of the famous UK magazine Eastern Eye chose her as Sexiest Asian Woman in 2016.
- Does her tasks in a systematic order and pens listing everything down.
- Became One of the actress who gets highly paid in 2017.
- It is rumored Ranveer and Deepika got engaged 4 years back before they finally
had married in 2018.
- Being a celeb she is,also understand her responsibility towards society and she proved it
by adopting a Ambegaon Village of Maharashtra as a part of Greenathon Campaign.
Deepika Padukone :- Fight against Depression
Depression is something people are afraid of talking about it and get pissed without uttering a singe word for years .When Deepika Padukone started facing this problem the first person she talked about depression was Anna Chandy a family friend and a counselor.
She is someone who is vocal about her problem of depression,while talking to media in an
interview she burst out in tears confronting that “there was mornings when she didn’t want to wake up” and used to cry for weeks.After all this she has openly accepted the fact of being depressed which eventually helped her come out of this.
She also has a foundation “Live Love Laugh” founded in 2015 where she helps people
to overcome this problem and spreading awareness.
Personal Relationships and Deepika Ranveer Marriage :-
Deepika’s name has been associated with many people before she married.
Some of the names are :-
Deepika and Ranveer are like synonyms,after 6 years of relationship,both tied the knots
in Italy Lake Lombardy on 15 December 2018.
The kind of personality she is now,yet she has also faced flacks of media and from the people they have loved but that just the part of their love.Isn’t it?She has faced every controversies bravely and given a strong
replies to the controversies she has been in,Some of them has mentioned below :-
- One of the controversy was when the reputed publishing company Times Of India posted a tweet on twitter with Captioned “OMG : Deepika Padukone’s Cleavage show” which made Deepika exasperated and replied them in their way only stating “Yes I am a woman and also have a cleavage.Do you have any problem with that? In response to her tweet everyone from his fans to
Bollywood fraternity stood a stand for her and condemned Times Of India which made them delete their tweet later.
- Karan Johar Show “Koffee With Karan” sometimes also get popularity with celeb responses aswell and one of the response came from Deepika when she Asked Ranbir to endorse a condom brand.
- Another controversy happened during her big day i.e. on her marriage times,when Sikh group alleged to have violated the code of conduct in the Sindhi-Punjabi Wedding.
- The latest controversy is related to her new movie Chapaak where a
writer named Rakesh Bharti has filed a complaint in Bombay High Court stating the story has written by him but the credit is yet due.
Height,Weight,Likes and Hobbies :-
- The Height of Deepika Padukone Height is 5 ft 9inch which is tallest among many other actress and Weight is 55 kg.
- Eye color is black and Hair color is Brown.
- Her Hobbies are Playing Badminton,Reading,Dancing and Cooking.
- Favorite cuisine is south Indian and she likes having Rasam
and rice and she likes to have chocolate before she goes to sleep.
Awards and Recognition’s :-
- For her first Bollywood Film “Om Shaanti Om” received Best Female Debut FilmFare Award in 2008.
- Best Actress Award for “Goliyon Ki RaasLeela : Ram-Leela” FilmFare Award in 2014
- Received Best Actress Award for “Piku” with Amitabh Bachchan and Irfan Khan FilmFare Award in 2016
- Not only in FilmFare She received IIFA Best Female Debut for “Om Shaanti Om” in 2008
- Best Actress Award for “Chennai Express” IIFA Award in 2014
- Recived Best Actress Award for “Piku” IIFA Award in 2016.
- In Indian edition of FHM chosen as Sexiest Woman In The World in 2010 and 2014.
- People Magazine named her as India’s Most Beautiful Woman in 2012.
Social Handles :-
She has always loved by her fan,and has a huge fan following
be it on Instagram,Twitter or Facebook,Below links of her profiles :-
Facebook :- https://www.facebook.com/DeepikaPadukone/
Instagram :- https://www.instagram.com/deepikapadukone/
Upcoming Project/Movies :-
The Latest movie or latest news is that she is going to appear in “Chhapaak” movie opposite Vikrant Massey which is a story of a Acid Survivor Laxmi Agarwal.
That’s all from Biography/Wiki of Deepika Padukone,Age,Latest News,Depression,Closet Website
If you want to know more head towards at Starsunfolded.