Arijit Singh Biography-Age|Born|Controversies|NGO
Arijit Singh who can get you hooked up with his voice known for his versatile singing,started his career from “Fame Gurkul” to assisting “Pritam” and later becoming the most loved singer,Arijit Singh surely has come a long way,but do you know the biography of Arijit Singh,about his personal life, his most famous songs.Lets know here :-
- Arijit Singh was born in 25th April 1987 (32 years) Murshidabad,Jiaganj.
- His father was Punjabi and mother is Bengali.
- Since childhood music has been in his blood,Everyone from
his family is already into music industry,her Nani (Maternal Grandmother) was trained in classic music mausi (Aunt)
used to sing,mama (Maternal Uncle) used to play tabla and
mother was singer.
- He had completed his schooling from Raja Bijay singh High School and college from “Sripat Singh College “completed his studies.
- He was decent in studies,but since start he was more inclined towards music.
- During his childhood days only he used to get trained under
big guns like Rajendra Prasad Hazari who had trained him
in Indian Classic music
- and Dhirendra prasad hazari who trained him in tabla,Virendra Prasad Hazari who trained him Rabindra Sangeet and Pop Music.
Early days of his career :- Arijit Singh
- He was just 18 years old in 2005 when he came in Mumbai
and he first participated in Fame Gurukul show under the
judges like Javed Akhtar and Shankar Mahadev.
- Although he couldn’t make in top 5 list but got appreciated
from music producers like Shankar Mahdevan who promised
to work with him in future projects and also did fulfill his
promise by later providing him break in “All 4 one aja nachle”
gave him chance to sing.
- Later Arijit Singh had participated in “10 ke Dus Le Gaye Dil”
and won the show.He also got chance to sing for a big label
company but it took him long to settle in Indian music industry.
- In his early project he has sung a song for “MadhuBala” tv show “Hum Hai Deewane” and sung a title track for a bengali tv show “Dadagiri” which was hosted by former indian captain “Saurav Ganguly”.
First break through in Bollywood :-
- In 2010 when Pritam had signed for 16 movies contract to
- Arijit used to assist him and would sing rough cut of songs
which later was noticed by Pritam and he started giving
Arijit a chance to sing for his movies.As soon as the
songs released,Arijit started getting fame and slow slowly
he got recognized.
- He got his first break for singing for “Murder 2” song
“Dil Sambhal Jaa Zara” in July 2011 under Mahesh Bhatt
and later he sang “Raabta” in 2012.
- Be it power packed,emotional or romantic in every song
Arijit Singh gave his voice,people soon started recognizing
his voice and got amused to his voice.
- Such was the talent of Arijit Singh that singer and composer
like A.R.Rahman asked him to sing a song for one of his
movies “Medhuvaagathaan” from Kochadaiiyaan titled
“Dil Chaspiya” in 2014.
- In his earlier days he used to work as music programmer with
big composers,he liked this work so much so that he likes
music composing more than singing.
- In an interview he also said he sees more himself as a
music producer than singer.
Do you know at one point of time arijit had made his mind to give up singing because of some situation while singing a song and do you know what is that situation?
Arijit had tough time singing the title track of “Hamari Adhuri Kahanni” but fortunately he got support from Mohit Suri and Mahesh bhatt and it took him 2 hours to record this song which also later proved to be a biggest hit song.
Singer :- Kishore kumar,Jagjit singh,Mehndi hasan,Kk and Ghulam Ali
Actors :- Salman Khan” and Manoj Bajpayee
Actress :- Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra.
Food :- Maacher Jhol and Mishti,Alu Seddo and “Daal Bhaat.
Footballer :- Lionel Messi and Thomas Muller
Cricket :- Sachin Tendulkar,Saurav Ganguly and Jonty Rhodes.
Football Team :- Argentina and Brazil.
Personal Life and his marriage with ex-contestant of Fame Gurukal(Ruprekha Banerjee) :-
- Very few people know,Arijit Singh was married to her
co-contestant Ruprekha Banerjee of Fame Gurukul but
for some reasons the marriage didn’t last too long and
they both parted.
- Later in 2014 he got married to his childhood friend Koyal Roy.
Koyal who was also married to someone else before she got
married to Arijit Singh and due to some complications in
her marriage she got divorced and later got married to Arijit.
- Koyal also has a daughter from her first marriage which is
close to Arijit Singh.They both have 2 kids.
Hobbies :- Cycling,Reading,Playing Badminton and Writing and
As per Starsunfolded his net worth is considered to be 7 million
and he charges 13 Lakh/song.
NGO and movie Direction and his wish :-
- Arijit Singh also owns a NGO “Let their be light” which
works for his locality in Jiaganj and for BPL community
which also proves he is also a kind-hearted person along
with soulful singer.
- One of few thing that some people know that he has debut in direction from a Bengali movie “Bhalobasha Rojnamcha “.
Its a compilation of 7 shorts films.
- He also wishes to open a music school in future.
- Every person has some good experience as well as bad
experience and one of the bad experience of Arijit Singh
is assaulting a journalist in Sept.2013 of being asked
details about his divorce with his first wife.
- Another instance is writing a open letter on facebook to
Salman Khan for requesting him to keep his song in his
movie Sultan as the later recorded a song from another
singer for his movie “Sultan” as he felt insulted in
“2014 Star guild award”.
Famous Songs which he sang :-
Although there are various songs for which he got recongnized however we have named few which has been the biggest hit till now :-
- “Kyunki Tum Hi Ho”
- “Re Kabira and Dilli Wali Girlfriend”
- “Main Tenu Samjhawan”
- “Sooraj Dooba Hai Yaaron” .
- “Pal Bhar Theher Jao “
- “Yeh Fitoor Mera”
- “Aaj se Teri”
- “Ruan Ruan“
Achievements (The main ones) :-
- He has received lots of awards for his singing ,in 2014 for
aashiqui 2 for “Tum hi ho” which was the blockbuster movie
in terms of its music.
- In 2016 for “Roy” he got filmfare for “Suraj Dooba Hai” for best playback singer.
- He got the “National Film Award” for the song “Binte Dil” from the movie “Padmaavat” for Best Playback Singer.