Akon is a songwriter, record producer, Senegalese American singer.He existed in Senegal, West Africa, being a child. His age was seven years when they walked back to the US and completed high school in the US. The mother of Akon, Kine Thiam, is a good dancer, and his dad, Mor Thiam, is a famous percussionist.Know Akon Biography,Age,Height,Marriage,Solar Power Plan & More.
He has delivered various hit albums that join his R&B-form vocals and hip-hop rhythms. Moreover, he collaborated with several other artists, including Gwen Stefani, Snoop Dogg, Michael Jackson,David Guetta and Lionel Richie. He has faced controversy too due to exaggerated unlawful past and specific insulting conduct of his on stage.
Later getting up in Jersey City, New Jersey, Akon started performing and singing being a teenager. He visited Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, Georgia, during a term before leaving out. Preferably, he shifted his concentration to the business of music, doing home recordings.
Quick Stats :-
Age :- 46 Years Old
Born in :- 16 Арrіl 1973
Height :- 1.8 m,5 feet 11 inches
Weight :- 78 kg
Profession :- Singer
Eye Color :- Brown
Hair Color :- Black
Nationality :- American
HomeTown :- Dakar Senegal,West Africa
Personal Information :-
Celebrate Name :- Akon
Real Name :- Аlіаumе Dаmаlа Ваdаrа Аkоn Тhіаm
Father Name :- Mor Thiam
Mother Name :- Kine Gueye Thiam
Siblings :- 1 brother
Schooling :- N/A
College :- Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta, Georgia dropped after firs semester
Net worth :- $80 Million Dollars
Hobbies :- Singing,Dancing and Enjoying Wresting
Awards and Achievements :-
- Awarded Favourite Soul/R&B artist in 2007 at American Music Awards
- Recognized with Artist of The Year at Billboards Music Awards in 2007.
- Won BET HIP HOP in 2008 in the category of “Producer of the year”.
Some Interesting Facts About Akon :-
- Hails from St.Louis Missouri,he gives importance to music
because of his parents as they had keen interest in music,his
father Mor Thiam was a jazz musician and mother was a
- After his birth his family moved to their hometown Dakar,
Senegal West Africa and lived there for 7 years.Later the family moved back to the States and settled in New Jersey.
- During his high school he used to live with his brother while
his family moved to Georgia Atlanta with rest of the family.
- Since his family was into music,he also developed a keen
interest towards music and learned playing 5 instrument
which includes Guitar,Drums and Djembe in his childhood.
- Career started in 2003 when he first met Devyne Stephens
while he was working for Warner Music Group at that time.
- In 2004 his first solo album was released which named “Trouble“
and had songs like Locked up,Belly Dancer,Lonely Pot of Gold
- One of the most famous song Locked up ranked at no.8 in US
and no.5 in UK chart.
- His song “Lonely “was released in 2005 which ranked at no.5 at Billboards Hot 100 list.
- Sold 2,86,000 copies of Konvicted within release of its first week which he released from his own label and also it ranked at no.2
at Billboards Hot 100 and within 6 weeks only,+1 Million copies
- Akon’s third album which was released in 2008 had four singles
“Right Now- Na Na Na,I’m So Paid,”Beautiful” and “We Don’t Care” which was also certified Platinum in United States.
- Sang “Smack That” with Eminem which was at no.2 in Billboards
Hot 100 list for 5 weeks.This is the only song which created history
in 48 years of Billboards from being 95 to 7 in rankings.
- One of the most famous song,he sang with legendary singer
Michael Jackson “Hold My Hands” which was released after MJ’s
death in 2009.
- Not only this the Star Singer also lent his voice in Bollwood
when he sang “Chammak Challo” in R.A One featured Shahrukh
Khan and Kareena Kapoor and collaborated with the Indian Music director duo Vishal and Shekar in 2011.
- The Pop Singer has also done and supported lots of charities like Barbara Davis Centre for Childhood Diabetes,Clothes off our Back,Konfidence Foundation and NoVo Foundation.
- Beyond his job in music, Akon is the proprietor of 2 apparel
lines— Aliaune and Konvict—and several real estate properties.
He also established the Konfidence Foundation by the purpose of granting disadvantaged youth in the United States and Africa.
- Akon has won a total of 36 awards from various authorities. Amongst these they awarded him are American Music Awards.
- As on Fеbruаrу 2020, an approximately net worth of Akon іѕ about $90 mіllіоn. Hіѕ muѕіс саrееr is the main ѕоurсе of іnсоmе. Ѕо far, his four albums created mоnеу by the selling of that соріеѕ. Moreover, he еаrnеd through арреаrіng in movies.
- He declared plans regarding the city in 2018, stating this would be constructed on 2,000 acres, deal exclusively in his digital cash currency described Akoin, and be a 5-minute ride from the new international airport of West African state.
- The recording musician first declared strategies for Akon City in 2018. He tells the city will be powered through Akoin, the cryptocurrency of his.
- “I believe that blockchain and crypto would be the hero for Africa in various forms as it returns the control to the public,” In 2018, Akon announced Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity in France. “blockchain technology and Cryptocurrency perform a so safe currency which permits African people to develop themselves self-governing from the government.”
- Akon states he desires to create a big influence in Africa.Also the singer has raised 1 Billion Dollars to finance a project in Africa.
- The most current venture of his is Akon Lighting Africa that is giving solar energy to African nations and has helped over 5000 people till 2015 by providing them employment and is able to reach 1 million people by this project.
Personal Life :-
Although the singer doesn’t like to publicize his personal life,however it is claimed that he has 6 children with 3 women and he is married to Tomeka Thiam.
Social Handles :-